Sunday, May 23, 2010

Motherhood Madness Monday: Guest Post by Cynthia

As we dad's know, and have probably heard a thousand times from our spouses, mom's have a lot more stress from parenthood than we do. If you don't know this yet, then just ask any mom.

Motherhood Madness Monday is for moms to share their thoughts and feelings on certain subjects that relate to momhood. Being a dad, I obviously cannot give these words of wisdom and advice, or share the feelings of being a mom. So once a week I will ask a mom to guest post on a certain topic to give everyone the mom's eye view.

This week I asked Cynthia, 22 year old mother of a 3 year old with one on the way, to share with us her biggest fears and biggest dreams for her children. Thank you so much, Cynthia, for sharing with us.



As a mother of a 3yr old and a newborn due in July, I was a single mother for a short time, worked all the time, and I constantly feared it wouldn’t be enough. I’m now a stay at home mom and I realize that no matter what type of mother you may be, your main worry never changes. All I wish is for my children to grow up with things I never had and I hope they never take the things they do have for granted. I worry that they’ll grow up and not appreciate the things that I am able to do for them.

The list of what I want for my kids is a long one and I know I probably won’t be able to give them everything. If I didn’t have @Garrett_22884, I know I couldn’t give them half the things I want to. I’d still try and I’d still constantly worry they’d grow up to take it all for granted. I know a few people that grew up with everything just being handed to them and they took it for granted. They went out, did whatever they wanted, and never got in trouble for the things they did wrong. I, on the other hand, had to earn most of what I got. I rarely got to go out and do things with my friends, and if I got caught doing something wrong, I got more than just a talk. In the end, the difference between myself and those other kids was that I actually appreciate my parents and what they did for me.

All I want for my children is for them to grow up with the understanding that another day isn’t guaranteed. Life may not always be perfect, but it’s worth appreciating. Things may go wrong, when they don’t want them to, but things could always be worse. So, we have to be thankful for things, experiences, friends, and family that we do have. I just want my children to grow up knowing their mama and daddy love them, just want them to have the best things in life, and we’ll always be there for them. I’m dreading the years where they think we’re just being mean because we won’t just hand them everything, but make them earn things instead. I pray that in the end they’ll see why were so “harsh.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts!