Thursday, September 23, 2010

Introducing The ABC's of Daddyhood

This week I started work on what will eventually become my first book, entitled "The ABC's of Daddyhood" and I can't tell you how excited I am about it! Okay, yes I can. I am UBER EXCITED about it! I don't consider myself an author and I sure don't consider myself a parenting expert. The purpose of writing this book is just to share 26 words with everyone that I relate to parenting and share some stories and insights into those 26 words.

From time to time, as I work on writing "The ABC's of Daddyhood" I will share excerpts or whole chapters here on The DaddyYo Blog for you to check out, and provide feedback on. As stated above, I am not an author, and I couldn't think of anyone better to turn to than my readers as a make this journey to publication.

So for this Fatherhood Friday, I present you the Foreward and Dedication for "The ABC's of Daddyhood"


A Quick Note Before Getting Started


Thank for deciding to take the leap through a new look at the ABC’s from a dad’s perspective. I hope you find this book entertaining and possibly maybe even a little inspiring. Every dad’s journey through fatherhood is different because every dad is different. We may not share the same feelings, the same joys, or the same fears as others have. 


Dads, however, are all just that: DADS. Over the last year I have been able to connect with and talk to dads all over the country and in different parts of the world. We have talked about our joys, our accomplishments, our fears, and our sorrows. The important thing is that we talked. Dads are sharing their stories, their thoughts, their suggestions, and their resources to help other dads be the best they can be. 


This book is just the same. It is me sharing my ups and downs, my thoughts and my feelings about being a dad. I am not a parenting expert, thought I have a PhD in changing diapers. I’m not a professional writer either. Just one dad here to share with others. 


The ABC’s of Daddyhood is my journey through 26 words that I relate to my own parenting life. Along the way I will share stories and thoughts about the words for each chapter and a few insights I have gained. Take from it what you will, leave what you want. Thanks for checking it out, now on with the show!


John Taylor
(DaddyYo)


*This book is dedicated to: The Wifey, my rock and support, my love forever. The Buggaboo and The Pooties, my children, my worlds, my reason and my heart. To my parents, my providers throughout childhood, the examples and the leaders. And to dads all over the world who strive to be the best dad they can be. This one's for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts!