Saturday, September 25, 2010

Remembering The Beginning of it All



Me holding Marlee, and Caleb getting a good look

Holding Caleb for the first time












Just throwing this post up because we were talking about it at work tonight. Remember what it was like the day your kiddos were born? I remember both times like it was yesterday. I remember the smells, the sights, the sounds, and how NERVOUS I was.


Even the second time around, I was more composed than the first time, but when the day started setting in, those nerves were shot, and I was becoming a wreck. "Honey are you okay?" "Is the heart rate fine?" "Are you going to kill me if I go smoke, because I am really freaking out here!"



Both times were so full of emotion, so full of love, full of fear, full of life. The birth, the first cries, and the first time holding my kids and giving them their very first noseys, are memories that I will carry like they were still going on, until the day I die. I will never forget how proud I was to make the transition from guy to dad. It is something I will be proud of for the rest of my life, and a fact that nobody can ever take away from me. 


To my children: you are my world and my everything (next  to mommy of course), and I will always love you. I will always cherish you and be in awe of you. I am Dad, and nothing, or nobody, can take that away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts!