Friday, June 18, 2010

Letter to my Dad: Happy Father's Day

To My Dad on Father's Day:



27 years ago, you witnessed the birth of a son. A son, whom 27 years later, still looks up to you, still believes in you, and still is grateful for having you in his life. I could not have asked for a better dad. You have been by my side through greatness and in my lowest of times.

You have been my advisor and guide; a source of strentgh and courage. Firm, but fair, and the expample of a real man in my life. You showed me what it means to put family first and to not be afraid to step out of my comfort zone to do what it takes to support my family now. You have loved me without end, and without limitation. You have loved me with a real love that has resonated in my heart for 27 years.

This Father's Day I not only celebrate my own dadhood and being a father to my two wonderful children, but I give much thanks and praise for the dad in my life, without whom I would not be who I am today.

I thank you for always being there for me, even when I gave reason not to be. I praise you for your commitment to your faith, your God, and your calling for your family. I give thanks that I had a dad in my life like you, who did what it took to raise his two children to the best of his ability, never lost hope, and never gave up. Thank you for who you are, and all you mean to me and our family.

I love you,
The Nimrod

1 comment:

twistedxtian said...

Happy Father's Day! To you and your dad.

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts!