Monday, August 30, 2010

Letter to Caleb on his First Day of School

Today is Caleb's first day at preschool, but sadly I am at work right now and cannot be there to see him off on his big day. But I have a few words to say to him, so Caleb, get mommy to read this to you before you go to school. I love you and will see you when I get home this afternoon.

My Dearest Son on your first day of school,

I am sorry that Daddy cannot be here this morning to see you off on your big day. You are becoming such a big boy and I am so proud of you. Today you start another new adventure in your life. Your first day of school. The time seems to have flown since you were born, and I have cherished and loved every moment that I have had with you. You are my baby boy, always and forever. You will always be MY son and nothing, nobody, no time, can take that fact away.

As you head off with the other kids to start this new chapter, remember that Daddy loves you very much. I am so proud of the little man you are becoming and so proud of all the achievements you have had recently. I hope you have lots of fun today playing with the other kids and meeting your teachers. I know you will do well because you have such a wild imagination and friendly soul. Make lots of new friends today, and show them the best you can be.  Play hard, learn hard, and start this new adventure with an awesome first day.

I love you, Caleb, my son. Daddy is very proud of you, and very sorry I can't be here today. I can't wait to come home and hear about all you did and all the new friends you made. Have a great first day of school. I love you!

With love and adoration,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts!