Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Time for change - Revolution of the Soul (the introduction)

A lot of ROCKIN stuff has been taking place in the world of the daddy blogger and it has everyone fired up. As well they should be. With the upcoming Modern Media Man Summit in Atlanta this September and the launch of the Dad Revolution site, there is plenty to be fired up about. I myself am pretty stoked to see these come about and I throw my full support behind both.

So I started thinking about what it means to me to "revolutionize" my fatherhood and what it says of me to say that I am one to support all this. I am all for seeing the typical "TVDad" model of fatherhood smashed into a thousand pieces in the street and run over by every child who owns a tricycle. I think it's great to see so many dads and dad bloggers standing up to say that we are engaged fathers who take great joy in the role we have in life and in the fact we can hold up just as well (or almost as well) as our counterparts.

Then I dug really deep and realized : This is not just about revolutionizing the way fatherhood and fathers are viewed, but this is the perfect opportunity for us to revolutionize ourselves. It's a great time to take inventory of our lives, our hopes, our goals, our standards and beliefs. Time to take the revolution truly to the heart and soul and not only carry the torch of the "face of fatherhood" but to challenge ourselves to be the best we can be, not just as fathers, but as human beings.

In the next few posts I will discuss different ways in which we can revolutionize our souls, as well as the image of fatherhood, and will open myself to you and share the revolution that is taking place in my own life. We all want to be the best fathers we can, but it is my belief that revolution has to happen in the heart and the soul, before it can become the wildfire of change in society.

Thanks for your time and as always, KEEP ROCKIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts!